News Revenue Strategist
The News Revenue Hub, a media venture that provides centralized management of membership, technology and other revenue generating services to news organizations across the country, is seeking a highly organized, tech-savvy marketing professional to manage client relationships and optimize their success.
The ideal candidate has marketing and/or fundraising experience in journalism, strong interpersonal and persuasive writing skills and a desire to collaborate with some of the best minds in the industry on solving one of its most pressing issues.
- Act as liaison between Hub executives and clients; monitor internal communications (Slack, email, phone); manage FAQs, escalate and delegate issues accordingly
- Build an understanding of each Hub client’s editorial style and operational needs; collaborate on strategies to achieve client success
- Set and meet all client deadlines, from onboarding to campaign planning/writing/implementation
- Conduct monthly review of key performance indicators (KPIs) with clients using Salesforce dashboard and other tools
- Build and maintain a library of campaign copy; design and manage templates (such as Impact Reports and timely emails), documentation and files
- Continuously learning, able to translate casual conversations into draft campaign copy
- Review applications for new Hub clients
- Occasional travel: Accompany CEO on initial client meetings and onboarding sessions; represent company at conferences
- Client invoicing
- Experience in journalism; understands firewall between business development and editorial departments
- Willing to collaborate, dive in and take ownership of projects a must
- Strong business development, marketing, writing/editing skills
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills
Preferred software experience
- MailChimp, Salesforce, Google Docs, MS Office
- Standard health, retirement and vacation benefits, plus flexibility to work from home
Salary based on experience and skill set
Please send a short letter about why you’re right for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org along with links to projects on which you’ve worked.